Wednesday, July 18, 2012

EMAIL FROM NORMA (HUTCHCRAFT) WILLIAMS

.
Norma sent me an email in regards to the Class of 1960. 
I had added a couple of pictures and made a comment under their Class Photo.

Hi, Onnalee,
.
Thank you for the HS pictures on the blog. I have enjoyed looking at them. I had no idea some families were in the community for so long and the younger than I, I just didn't know very well.
.
I appreciated your side comment about Karen Hudnall. I didn't realize she wasn't able to walk or be in the picture. It reminded me of what happened the year I graduated. Dianna Anschutz, Lynda Eulert and I had a trio. The music teacher was a new teacher, possibly first year, not sure. He apparently did not feel comfortable working with us girls, so we scheduled our own 8th Period practices and with the help of a tape recorder (which was bigger than a bread box) we worked up a couple of songs and went to the District Music Festival in Hays, where we received a I rating. The state contest was to be in Dodge City or Garden City, I don't remember, but somewhere that would be a fair distance in that horse and buggy day (no, not quite). Well, we were told that we wouldn't be going to the state contest as it was just too far, etc, etc, etc. You can bet if it had been the boys basketball team they would have made it to Denver if necessary. I don't know if they were at the time, but Dianna's and Lynda's dad were school board members, but still the trip didn't happen. At the time I didn't think anything about if, just accepted it and went on. We should have gone kicking and screaming to a higher authority, but that was a different time.
.
I'd better get back to work. Just had to share that.

Norma
69811

No comments: