Friday, April 27, 2012

UPDATE ON CAROL MYLNER - PHS TEACHER - 1948-1950

.
In Feb. I put a post on this blog about Carol Mlynar.

.
I have since found out that Carol taught in Paradise 1948-1949 and 1949-1950.
Millard keeps in contact with his college roommate and Dave (Millard's college roommate) said that Carol and her husband taught in Grainfield 1957 through 1959. 
.
Yesterday I received an email from Jay Anderson saying . . . .
.
"Miss Mylnar, as all female teachers were called, even when we knew she was married and her husband was in school at Ft. Hays. I think on the GI Bill. She and another teacher stayed at Mr. Harolds. I was back from the army and in vet. school the next time I saw her. Seems there was a story dad always told about the battery in her car being dead so a bunch ot the upper class boys pushed her and the car down mainstreet until they ran out of breath, they then found out she had did not realize she had to put the car in gear.
Jay Anderson"


I sent an email to Carol Mylnar's daughter-in-law, Bobbi Mlynar telling her about Jay's story.
Bobbi replied back . . . .
.
"How funny! Carol was a really bright woman, but definitely not mechanically minded. LOL!
 Thanks for sending this on so we could enjoy it,
Bobbi"
.
I was unpacking a box a few weeks ago and found a spiral notebook that said "Recipes" on the front of it.  It was Millard's Mother's.  I was in the mood for looking at some of her "many" recipes, so I sat down in the recliner and opened the book.  It was a journal of Paradise Alumni and Paradise High School Teachers from 1914 through 1966.  I was somewhat disappointed about the recipe's but I felt like I hit a gold mine with this information.  I will post the list of teachers at a later date.  The Paradise Directory, which you can buy when you go to the Reunion, has a great list of alumni.  This journal of  Teachers, in the Recipe Book, told about the years that Carol Mylnar being a teacher at PHS.
.
Thanks for your email Jay.  We love all the memories that each of you share.
66096

No comments: