Tuesday, April 10, 2012

PRAYER FOR GARNETT ANGEL

,
From Janette Angel Ross . . . .
There are 2 updates at the bottom.
.

"Wanted to let you know that mom wasn’t feeling well yesterday – said she couldn’t seem to get her breath. We were getting ready to go to her chiropractor for that continual back pain she experiences, but she called and said she didn’t feel like going and felt a little nauseated. I called her PCP, Dr Feehan, and his nurse (after visiting with him & talking directly to mom) said to call 911 and get her to the hospital.
Boy, she did not want me to call 911 - the neighbors would
have to hear that siren and she didn’t think she was that bad off.  I called back to the nurse who insisted we use the ambulance for better service once she got to the hospital. So I called 911.  I told them how she was feeling and all that entailed, but advised that it was Dr’s orders!!  We only live 3 miles from the hospital.

About 11 people were in mom’s home in about 10 mins: fire truck, police and ambulance. It was amazing. At the hospital they diagnosed her with CHF. They are draining fluid from her lungs and heart with a patch to her heart. No needles and it seems to be working. She seems to be doing fine, but they kept her overnight and doing more testing so I’m getting ready to go back up to Olathe Medical Center. Please keep her in your prayers!  Love you all, Janette

PS: She’s at the Olathe Medical Center Room 422. But I’m sure she’ll be back home today or tomorrow. I’ll let you know!
Phone is 913-791-4200. Ask for 422 room #.
Home address is . . . .

I’ll try to keep you informed. Love you!"

Please pray for Garnett and Janette too.  I didn't add her home address.  If you would like to send a card to Garnett, please email me and I will give you her address.  I just don't like to put addresses on blogs. 

65318 

We received an update from Janette . . . .
"They are keeping her another night to run some stress tests tomorrow!

The doctor thinks she will get to come home then."

65333

An update from Janette on April 12th . . . .
.
"Thank you for all the prayers – I did bring mom home yesterday around 4 pm. She is was very tired wanted to catch up on sleep. I kept the grand boys after I got her settled, so we mowed her lawn and checked on her until about 7:30 pm. Mom loves visiting with her great grand boys. They have so many stories to tell her. Keeps her on her toes to just sit and listen to them. They like to over talk the other, so I have to remind them, one story at a time. She didn’t want me to spend the night, but I was up there around 10:15 pm to help her with her meds. Just walking around her home seems to wear her out and she said she still felt SOB this morning. Sounded really good on the phone,  however, but until I can get up there, I had her call her DR, needed to make her appointment for next week also. She had already cancelled her hair appointment for today. Sounds really good on the phone. I’ll go up this afternoon.She’s on a very low sodium diet. So has to keep track of sodium content in all foods she eats. I’m calling Home Health Care as they visited with her about meals on wheels. It’s a good idea for a couple of weeks.
.
They offer other services too so she might as well use them. I work at our church a few days each week, so it will be nice to know that someone is there with her. She has a couple of pamphlets on CHF and it’s so good to know that people survive into their late 90’s with it. Just need to quit smoking and watch sodium – only one alcoholic drink per day. Doesn’t smoke or drink so if we can keep the sodium under control she should do fine. Actually, she eats very little and I’m surprised that sodium would even be a problem for her – but she is already keeping track."
 

SOB - Short of Breath.  Just had to clarify that.  :)
65447
 

No comments: