Wednesday, April 4, 2012

COMMENTS


I have received some Comments the past two weeks by way of email.
We love Comments and to make it easier for each of you, since I received them after new posts have been published, at this time I am going to post them all at once, rather than under the Title of each post.  When the comments are sent directly to the blog they are approved and on each story.  You can keep up with the comments by looking on the left side of the newest story - scrolling down to Recent Comments - under the Click here for Blogs/Comments.

Comment concerning the Memorial for LORRAINE ANSCHUTZ.
From Jon Anderson
"I was saddened to hear that Gary's mother, Lorraine (never clear to me how spelled) had passed away, as I was for Gary's dad, Jake. Jake had been our grade school basketball coach and I think all of we kids liked him very much. For him it was a voluntary effort but he liked to work with kids and he was in fact a pretty good coach.
.
I liked Jake because he let me drive a pickup, the first time I ever drove anything. Jake had a bunch of us, probably Van, maybe Roger, maybe Millard, and certainly Gary, help him bringing in baled hay. We had to have been in grade school then. Apparently I had some problem getting the hay in the pickup so I got made the pickup driver: the pickup was in compound gear and going about as fast as you could walk and I think my job was not to run into the bales.
.
I am shocked that I cannot attend the reunion this year. I knew a reunion had not definitely been scheduled so Dorothy and I agreed to go with another couple on a cruise. This should be enjoyable but I will miss the reunion very much. There can't be many more left to occur, we both know.
.
I trust you and Millard are well and my best to you.  Jon"

A note to Jon . . . We are shocked that you & Dorothy cannot attend the reunion this year too Jon. 
The idea - you chose a cruise above the Paradise Reunion!  Shame on you! 

Comment concerning the "SPUD" WHITMAN Memorial.
From Loa Copp
"Oh, how sad!!!! I have SO many good memories of him..........He always let me ride his horse when we went to see him cause he knew I loved horses......."

Comment concerning the Memorial for JOHN LOREG JR and the PARADISE TRIVIA.
From Jerry Webster

The children of John and Gertrude Loreg are daughters, Vioda and Ruby, and sons, Swede (the oldest) Marvin and John Jr.
.
I remember this as they lived right across the street from us. In 1956 I met Swede in Honolulu on the way to Korea, and we met again in Japan while he was in the US Navy and I was in the US Air Force in 1956.
.
Also as a bit of information, Elbert "Spud" Whitman was also known as "Tater"
Jerry Webster"


"After I sent the last email it dawned on me that Swede's first name was Randall.   Jerry"

Now we have some questions about this.  Swede is Randall and not Marvin?
Also, who was "Junie"?

Also, notice the published Comment from Doug Huchteman under DELMAR LANDIS CLASS OF 1965.
65088

No comments: