Friday, July 11, 2008

ELAINE BROWN JACKSON


This past week, because of my osteoporosis, due to my liver transplant, I have had to take pain pills and stay in bed off of a swollen and painful foot - all day, several days. Plus being in so much pain, I was beginning to feel very sorry for myself.

I just received this email from Elaine. Bless Her Heart! Now, I feel so bad for being such a "baby". I can't imagine the pain, the disappointments, the doubts, the stress, the inconveniences and the numerous other feelings that she has been experiencing. What a couple of months she has had - 10 weeks, in fact. She asked me to explain what has happened. I feel that this is worthy of a posting in itself. I know that she would enjoy hearing from you in the Comments.


"Sorry I have not responded to you sooner about the reunion but it has been a difficult 10 weeks. I had shoulder surgery at the beginning of May and was to start PT on June 9. A tornado went thru Indep. the middle of May and took part of the roof off the Church. I walked around construction for 3 weeks during the services and of June 8, I caught my toe on a loose board and flew across the organ area and crashed and burned. Messed up the shoulder, concussion. broken nose and most of all completely shattered my 4th finger on the right hand. There were no solid bones in the finger so could not do surgery. They made a special splint which had my finger in traction 24/7. Needless to say, PT had become my life. Yesterday, they made the finger move and let me say, it was not a good day. All along, we have been afraid I would never play the organ or piano again but with constant PT and working it here, it looks like MAYBE I will be able to get back to my job someday.

I just cannot make a trip out home right now. I will miss seeing everyone- know it is going to be a really big time. Please explain to everyone what has happened here. Enjoy the week-end and let me know all about it!
Thanks a bunch!

Elaine Jackson

ekjmusic@aol.com "


No comments: