Wednesday, July 30, 2008

CHURCH DINNER

At the Auditorium

Dan & Craig Hoisington
Devin Strecker
Devin is holding his dog,
or rather, his dog is trying to
lead him some place.





Devin Strecker
and his Aunt
Sharon (Hendershot) Schwemmer











The Glen Strecker Family
Glen (66), Devin, Rhonda & Adrienne
(Adrienne was named after her Grandmother Strecker
Adrienne Eva.)

I always thought Glen Strecker was a student of mine. Before the reunion I looked at the Paradise Annual to see if he was in the quartet.
Lo and Behold! He wasn't even a music student. However, he was in the music room to visit probably just as much as the other students. I remember he was in there a lot with Gene Angel, Danny Hoisington, Steve Bealby, Terry Martin and all the others that came to visit me from time to time.
I asked him at the reunion why he wasn't a student. I guess the music teacher before me asked him not to be in music because he couldn't hold a pitch on the bass drum. Hmmmm! What a way to get rid of a student. So - Glen didn't even give me a chance to teach him. Drat it!


Friends Forever
Janette & Sharon










Verlin & Millard
We had a good visit with Verlin at the Church dinner. Verlin had on shorts. He commented that not very many wore shorts to Church, but he just decided he wanted to be comfortable. I thought that was unique - he was one of the few with shorts, but in the Senior trip photo, he was the only one without shorts. I decided to take a picture of Verlin and Millard so you could see that he did wear shorts. Guess what! I didn't get his legs. Must have been a Senior Moment!

There is a story that goes with this Senior Trip picture. It is something like this. The Seniors along with their sponsor, Mr. Anderson went to Colorado Springs and stayed at the Broadmoor. Verlin came down with the measles. He was quarantined and really didn't feel very well. The people at the Broadmoor were going to make the class leave, but Mr. Anderson talked them into letting them stay, under one condition. Verlin was quarantined and had to stay off to himself.

I graduated in the year of 1958 and we also went to the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs. I came down with whopping cough and had to stay in the room by myself too. T'aint fun!

Anyway, Verlin wasn't feeling very well in this picture.






I captured the shorts.
Gene Eulert (59), Connie (Webster) Anderson (62)
Verlin Cronk (58), Warren Eulert (63)


As we went out the door, leaving
Paradise, I snapped this picture
of the Hutchison sisters.
Jane Hutchison (74)
Judy (Hutchison) Tomei (71)

No comments: