Wednesday, July 30, 2008

CHURCH MUSICIANS

The Pianist and Organist

Joan & Neal Smith (69)
Joan was absolutely fantastic!
The Paradise United Methodist Church
is very fortunate to have her as a pianist.



Louise Elliott (Corwin) Elliott (40)
and her daughters
Vickie (Elliott) McDowell (65)
Arlene (Elliott) Morgan (75)

Louise, Vickie and Arlene reminded me about how Arlene started taking piano lessons. I am so glad they brought back those memories to me, as I now remember it.

Vickie was taking piano lessons from me. Arlene was just a tiny little girl. One day she came to me with some money and asked if I would give her a piano lesson. I did - right on the spot. She then went home and told her Mother and Dad that she got some of her own money and she took a piano lesson. I'm sure that was very touching to her Mommy and Daddy. Her Mother then came to me and we set up a time for piano lessons. I was so proud of her Sunday. She is now an organist at a Catholic Church.

No comments: