Thursday, June 17, 2010

Notes about Garnett's Farewell


I know that each of the viewers of this blog appreciate the impact that the Angel family has had on each of us.
Garnett and her family are certainly deserving of this acknowledgement for her, and their contributions to the Paradise Community. I thoroughly enjoyed sharing their memories of her farewell on this blog."


Thank You Garnett and Thank You for the Memories!

I received these two email's from family members.
Thank You for being so thoughtful!

"Great job, on the blog, Onnalee! Thank you so much for spending the time and energy to make the update. We had such a wonderful weekend and enjoy viewing out "memories" online!

Thank you for all you do. I will continue to follow Paradise news!

Stasha White Case
(Forrest White's daughter)"

♥ • ♥ ♦ ♥ • ♥

"Thanks for all you've contributed to the Garnett Angel blog,
I'm so sorry I couldn't be present--just old age!!!!!
I miss all my time in Paradise, KS!!!! All the loved ones there!!!!!!

Violet White Parsons----now in Overland Park, KS"
I also would like to add . . .
Although Garnett's posting was quite long and had many photos, Janette was very delightful to work with. She was never demanding and was always appreciative of everything I did.
I had a discussion with one of our friends from Paradise this past week . . .
he said that her middle name could be "Pictures."
I thought her middle name could possibly be "Gabby."
Then, we concluded . . . "Chatterbox" might be the most appropriate.
I truly appreciate Janette and I have many Thank You's from her.
Too many to post but I have saved them.
In my first year of teaching, Janette and her classmates were only 4 years younger than I. I could have been very imtimidated by them - but they (plus the other students at Paradise) made my first year very enjoyable, exciting and quite a learning experience. I will always remember them for their loyalty and respect to me as their teacher. That is probably one of the biggest reasons why I enjoy doing this blog so much.

No comments: