Wednesday, June 2, 2010

FROM JON ANDERSON

I received an email from Jon Anderson yesterday. It was so good to hear from him.
We had lost contact with Jon and Dorothy for several months - probably over a year.
Welcome back to the blog, Jon and Thank You for your email.

"Onnalee:
I had not visited the blog for some time but the address on this year's Reunion announcement jogged me to look through it again.
What a marvelous site you have created and maintained.
Thank you very much. I enjoyed every part of it, even including Millard's remembrance of my well-founded and consistently maintained dislike for Navy-style beans. The photographs at the beginning are also real treasures.
Dorothy and I plan to attend this year's reunion and we look forward to seeing you. It will surely be a sad time in a way as we have lost some fine people since the last reunion, but it also brings back many good memories. Also, how many things I didn't know while living in Paradise. I didn't know there actually was a Billy Groover's (sp) house, apparently out by the dip, and I'm naturally surprised I didn't know. On the other hand, it would be nice to have one of those tobogganing evenings again.
By the way, did Millard make the round trip on his bike?"


Because of Jon's email, I went all the way back on the blog. There is a lot of "stuff" on it. That takes forever . . . . particularly to find out about Jon and the ham'n beans posting. Jon must have been reading forever.
I also noticed that some of the posts should be larger print. :)
And . . . Yes Jon, Millard made the round trip on his bike.

We agree with Jon, it is sad that we have lost so many that have been so close to us - just in this past year. We certainly will miss each of them.

No comments: