Thursday, November 12, 2009

THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY

.
Read this from top to bottom to get the full effect of The Good, The Bad & The Ugly!
6
This is an email I received this morning from Karen Hudnall Jakub.
Thank You so much Karen.


6 “Hi Onnalee,
I have been missing so much. I haven't been visiting the Paradise Blog on a regular basis. I just spent some quality time catching up. What a blessing you are to so many! I just love reading and remembering. Having lived in Fairport instead of Paradise, there are some of the Paradise residents I don't know that well. Of course, I've heard of them or at least know the family name. Again, you are a real blessing to many.
Karen”


I really regret that I haven’t saved the many emails that I have received from time to time to be able to share them with you. Each of you make our work on the Paradise Blog so rewarding.

In one of Rosemary (Thomas) Heiney Stewart’s emails that is in a posting about her on the blog. Nov. 7, 2009 she wrote the following . . . . Thank You, Rosemary.
6
“I just wanted to tell you that I got through the blog. I skimmed through some of it as there is a lot to read. I appreciate all the work you have put into it. My, there is a lot there. Thank you so much! There were many names that I remember and some of the people I remember. It was neat when I saw my 1952 class Graduation class picture. There were 9 of us--i think--and I was the only girl!”

 
Aug. 30, 2008 Iva Laughlin Byrd wrote a message - which is on the blog -

6
“Onnalee, I just wanted to take this opportunity to say:   (There was a photo of a bowl of M&M’s here)

As someone who grew up in Paradise and had to leave between my junior and senior year, I really am grateful for this opportunity to reconnect with my former school mates.The blog that you and Millard started has brought us a lot of Enjoyment. I know it takes a lot of time and energy and just want you to know that I do appreciate it. Hope you will be able to continue this very special work. We have never met. Hopefully someday we will. I always seemed to get close to the music teachers, so I believe if the timeframe was different, we would have been friends.Looking forward to getting to know you via email until the day we meet face to face. Iva Byrd


The above was the Good. In fact they were great. There are others too and I am wondering why I didn’t save them.

Thank You Each of YOU!

6
For the record - I strive to never publish ANYTHING without permission and when a person sends something to me, I usually copy and paste it so it is their wording.
I had a goof up with the "Paradise Quilt" posting, which I have made it known that it was a mistake.
Remember - everything is by permission or request.


Here is the Bad and the Ugly
It was sent as a Comment to be published on the blog. However, it has been “sanitized” in order that it could be put on The Paradise Blog.
6
6
Onnalee,
6
As a long-time resident of the Paradise community, I know (name) as well as (name). I am dismayed and a little taken aback that you would see fit to publish such intimate and personal details. Especially when you don't have their permission to do so.
6
Those current members of the Paradise community that I have spoken to about this tell me that (name) has numerous mental health issues, and it may even be that (name) isn't capable of realizing that they shouldn't be sharing such personal details about someone other than themselves. You, on the other hand, need to take some professional and personal responsibility and realize that what you are posting is indeed crossing a line and may even be considered "none of your business".
6
Perhaps you mean well, or perhaps it is as others here in Paradise are telling me - that you also have numerous mental problems. Whatever the case may be, please understand that the few people that actually look at this blog do indeed have some manners and understand and respect other people's individual privacy.

6
If you are going to keep running this blog, then you really need to understand what the terms journalistic ethics and personal responsibility actually mean. Otherwise, you are inviting legal troubles.
6

Why don't you give the good people of Paradise a break and find some other way to entertain yourself.
6
6
Publish this comment.
Reject this comment.
Moderate comments for this blog.
6
Posted by Anonymous to Paradise Educated at November 9, 2009 11:13 AM

No comments: