Wednesday, October 28, 2009

HOISINGTON/LAUGHLIN

Several weeks ago . . .
well, it might have been several months ago,
Dan Hoisington (1967) sent me this photo and asked
me if I had Norman (Butch) LAUGHLIN'S email.
(Sorry I can't make it larger. This is how Dan sent it to me.
I can make photos smaller - but not larger.)

Sure enough, I had Norman's email address
as he and I had emailed back and forth a little bit this past year.
However, evidently Norman had changed his email address
so I wasn't much help to Dan.
I then sent an email to Iva Byrd and told her that
Dan Hoisington was trying to get in contact with her brother.
Enough said . . . . Dan and Butch have been in contact with one another.
Dan is working hard to get Butch to come to the reunion this next year.

As I have been trying to think of what I could say about the above photo . . . . with a little bit of help, I could say that this is probably one of the most innocent times of Dan's life. However, through several conversations . . I have found out that Butch works for the IRS. So, the photo could probably be labeled as "One of the most innocent times of both of the boys life." Not, that working for the IRS makes a person not so innocent - but the thought that comes to a person's mind is "IRS - Oh! NO!"

Dan told me that I sent him (Dan) to Mr McCabe's office just after my first 3 days of teaching. I don't remember that and I just can't understand why I would send such an innocent freshman boy to the office. However, Jim Harrell has told me some stories about he and some of his young friends getting into trouble . . . and I don't remember that either. I'm so glad that I just remember the good things but I'm so sorry they remember the "bad" things. Ha! They probably wouldn't have a lot of memories if they just remembered all good - Right? Right!

I wish I still had the email's that Norman/Butch sent to me. He probably told me something that I could use here. I have kept everything about Paradise and email's from everyone in a Paradise folder in my Inbox. But, my computer decided to compact everything one day and I lost everything in my Paradise folder. How frustrating! So, anyone that wants to give me some information about Butch - feel free to send it to me or make a comment.


No comments: