Tuesday, October 20, 2009

PATRIOT HONOR GUARD/OUR MILITARY

6
Please Pray for our Military



I received an email from Dan Hoisington.
It was so impressive,
I have chosen to share it with you.
As for him living a
"very sheltered life" . . . . ???








"As you all know I live a very sheltered life in Paradise but I had an experience on October 9th that I will never forget. I want to pass it along to all of you.

Mona and I were flying in our friend's plane headed to Nashville. We flew in to Executive Beachcraft in Kansas City to pick up some friends of ours. As we were taxiing up we noticed several police cars, 10 or 12 news cameras, about 15 military personnel and a small group of civilians all standing outside of the terminal. We were wondering who the important person was that they were waiting for.

We walked into the terminal and I looked out the front door to see around 100 Harley's parked side by side along with more police vehicles. I then knew what was up.

About 15 minutes later a private jet came in and then a hearse pulled up and military personnel unloaded the casket of one of our hero's. The procession then transported the soldier to the cemetery. This is one of the saddest times I have ever experienced. Watching something like this on TV just is not the same as being there.

Anyway, our minister is the widow of a career Army vet and every Sunday she asks that we pray for our military men and women. I hope you do too.
Dan"


A Note about the minister at the Paradise Methodist Church . . .
The minister is Sharon Thomas. She grew up in Enterprise, KS.
Enterprise is where Vern and his brother, Bert Hoisington, grew up.
Sharon was a classmate of Dan's cousin, Sam Hoisington, and was friends
with all of Bert Hoisington's (Dan's uncle) family. It certainly is A Small world.

No comments: