Thursday, November 20, 2008

A BEAUTIFUL HOUSE GOING DOWN THE HIGHWAY

6
John and Doris Harrell's home
was moved from Paradise to Russell
The house was moved in 1984
6
Highway 281 was shut down during the days for about a week.
Then, the house set "somewhere" for several days due to rain.
John and Doris lived in a motel for about a month.
6
From Devin . . . . .
"I had told you earlier that I had some pictures for you, and I finally got them scanned in today. These are pics of the Harrell House which used to be up by the Nazarene church, which they moved to Russell when I was pretty young. I don't even know who's house exactly it was, but I'm sure you do. I think the name was John Harrell? As I said, I was very young, but I do remember seeing this happen and I was sad at the time that someone would want to leave Paradise so bad that they would move their entire house with them!!! Also I thought it was such a nice house, I was sad that it would not be in Paradise anymore. But, I definitely thought - now there's something you don't see everyday! A house going down the highway in Kansas! So, here you go. I think my dad took these pics. Have a good weekend! Devin








No comments: