Monday, March 7, 2011

LOIS ROUNKLES BONAR - CLASS OF 1960

.
I received a message on facebook from Lois Rounkles Bonar.
She gave me permission to post it here on the Paradise blog.

Hi, Onnalee,
My name is Lois Rounkles Bonar and I graduated from Paradise High School with the class of 1960.
Thank you for the Paradise Educated Blog; it is great!!
I have been reading through it since the school reunion of last summer and it is very interesting and educational !!
I just wanted to make a comment on the Nov. 1, 2008, posting about the Boy`s Quartets and the fact that you couldn`t find your 1955 and 1957 school annuals!!!!! My sister , Joyce Rounkles Mello, was in the graduating class of 1957 and she said that her class did not make an annual for that year.............All the class money that they raised went to pay for their senior trip!!!!! I don`t know where they went but I suppose they all had a good time.
I don`t know about the 1955 annual but maybe they didn`t print one either????
Keep up the good work and may you be blessed with good health.
Lois
.
I wrote (typed) back to her . . .

Thank You, Lois. Do I have your permission to put this comment on the blog?
I am going to HAVE to find something to put on the blog besides funeral notices and get well wishes. :) If you have something, please send it to me.
Onnalee@foundwoodcarvings.com

.
I am so happy to put on the funeral notices and get well wishes - I just need to insert cheerful postings from time to time too.
.
Lois replied . . . .
Yes, you may put the comment on the blog.
There have been a lot of funeral notices lately but if you hadn`t posted them a lot of us would never have known about them.
Thanks again for all of your hard work and tell Millard "hello" for me. Lois
.
A note from me regarding the class of 1957 and possibly the class of 1955 . . .
.
"Perhaps we need to have some photos of your Senior trip.
Do you suppose they took pictures while they were on it or were they still saving their money on their fun? :) We would love to have some photos from each of you."
039081

No comments: