Friday, September 17, 2010

AN EMAIL FROM JON ANDERSON

I sent an email to Jon and Jay Anderson - just in case they don't look at the blog every morning. :) At that time, the smiley elf was at the top of the blog. I also told him to check out the Wall Street Journal posting about Van Hoisington.

Jon replied . . . . .

"Thank you for your email and bringing to my attention the two new pieces in the Blog. As always, once I get into it I kind of find it hard to get out, so, thank you again for this interesting and informative service.
I fear, however, that your two recent additions are far below your normal standard.
First, as for Millard and the wagons. I never saw a blue wagon while I was growing up; all wagons were red and had something like "American Flyer" on them. It is correct that we raced our wagons down the sidewalk next to Dean Brown's house into the street, which, in those days of parental neglect, was evidently an acceptable way to keep us out of the house. I do not recall my brother ever laughing at the two of us. He was, as Millard will recall, much older, maybe a century or so, or at any rate a lot. Finally, I don't think Millard's parents would have let him paint wagons (which are red) blue (which they are not). It makes no sense. So, while Millard's recollection of our wagon experience is factual, I think the specific recollections he has are mainly delusional; however, don't let him know what I think, please.
Second, a nice piece on Van's accomplishments including the recent puff piece in the WSJ. However, as always, I think there's something missing. I've followed Van's career with some attention and interest. I understand he has done very well. I know he has experience in banking and economic analysis. I also understand he invests other peoples' money in federal bonds as to which he has opinions. At that point my understanding gets vague because it isn't really clear to me what he actually does. Compare Van to my brother: when Jay was a practicing veterinarian, he went out and looked at animals. That made some sense to me. In contrast, if you're in the bond business, what do you go out and look at? I don't have any idea. I'm not critical of including the piece in the blog, but it is a little difficult to follow since I don't have much of an idea what is going on."



I replied to Jon . . . .

Jon - you are SO comical. Now I need your permission to put this on the blog.
Everyone will get a "Kick" out of it.

I hope some day and some time I find something with your accomplishments.
I know they are many and very impressive.

Be prepared . . . . Millard said he thinks he has a picture of the light blue wagon,
which he painted himself. It may take weeks or months, maybe years to find the
picture though. :)

Jon's reply . . .

"Of course, use what you want. He's still confused."

Millard's response to Jon . . . . .

"Thanks Jon for the "heads up" to the possibilities that I may have delusional issues. I will do my best to re-evaluate my memories and try to sort out the more delusional ones.

After reading your email, I have definitely detected one delusion that possibly many people have - it is the delusion that the short term memory is the first to go."

No comments: