Wednesday, April 1, 2009

JUST BECAUSE . . . . .

FANTASTIC!
Another Email
6
Just because Scott Tichenor contributed to Kansas Public Radio . . and . . .
Just because I was listening when he contributed . . and . . .
Just because I have a Paradise Blog Guardian Angel . . .
I received another email this morning.
6
Subject - "Another Tichenor"
6
Dear Mrs. Harrell,
Scott sent me the link to your Paradise Educated blog. It's true! I did eventually grow up. Actually, what I prefer to tell people is that I'm certainly growing older but I refuse to grow up.
I was in Paradise in December for my mother's memorial service. The old water tower and the school look about the same I thought.
After I graduated high school I attended junior college for awhile, graduating eventually from Northern Oklahoma College in Tonkawa.
After that I worked for several years driving trucks and doing farm labor.
In 1977, I moved to Oklahoma City and started working as a welder.
That profession kept me going until 1988. In January 1989, I went back to college to get my teaching degree, graduating from the University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma in December 1990.
In the summer of 1991, I moved to Stillwater to work on my Master's degree, graduating from there with a degree in English in December 1993.
In August of 1994, I accepted a teaching position at Oklahoma State University-Okmulgee. There, I teach technical writing and freshman composition; I'm now in my 15th year and looking forward to retiring from teaching in about five years.
I have two daughters, Jodi of Smith Center, and Shelly of Hays.
Two granddaughters, Kandis and Kaley.
Life is good. In my spare time, I work with leather--doing some braiding, ride my Quarter Horse, and my new Harley-Davidson (because I'm too old to rodeo anymore!).
Every once in awhile a song runs through my head that we sang in chorus or one of the quartets. We must have practiced quite a bit for me to still remember the words!
Regards,
Stuart Tichenor
6
I am just completely twitterpated with these new email's.
Now . . . Steve! Where are YOU?

No comments: