Tuesday, March 31, 2009

RETURN TO PARADISE

Another Video by
Devin Strecker
"Return to Paradise"
6
Devin sent me a DVD that he filmed while he was in Paradise for the last Paradise Reunion - 2007.
Again, Millard and I were very impressed - as anything from Paradise brings back wonderful memories. After viewing the DVD I asked Devin if he would be willing to make these available to anyone wishing to buy one.
6
He said . . . . .
" I really don't know if it's good enough to "sell" or even distribute, I am sort of embarrassed about the amateurishness of some of the production aspects of it! If I had known ahead of time that anyone other than my family would be interested in watching it, I would have filmed it differently and gotten different aspects filmed. But, if you liked it, maybe there is a chance other people would. I certainly would only want to charge to cover postage and the actual cost of duplication, which is very minimal."
6
I am personally making a Gospel Express Youth Choir tape of a Youth Choir that I had for 7 years while we were in Elkhart, Ks. My youth choir made a record one of the years - then the other years all the performances were recorded on inexpensive cassettes on very portable (not very good) recorders. Like Devin, if I would have thought at the time of each performances that I would want to put each years youth choir's songs on a CD along with the recording of the record, I would have done a better job. Our friend that did the recording of the CD charged $10.00 per CD, as it was not an easy job to transfer performance songs - done in churches and civic places where people coughed and babies cried and babbled . Then, to pay for the postage, photo copying, envelopes and all the other added expenses, I had to add $5.00 to cover my basic costs - making the CD cost $15.00. In fact, you can read all about that on Facebook . . . .
6
6
I said all of that to say this . . . Devin said that he would consider selling them for $6.00. I'm not sure he will be able to pay all of his expenses . . . but, it certainly is worth the $6.00 for the memories. He added several photos from this blog and without thinking of doing this for other people, Yes, he has his family and their dog on it too. However he also has the choir singing at the Church and he has many people that were at the reunion.
6
Devin also said . . . .
"Like I said, I am sort of not completely happy with it and not sure if I want everyone looking at it thinking "that's all the better he could do?!?!" because if I had set out to do a documentary on the Reunion and church celebration I certainly could have done much better, but as it was, I thought I was just doing a home video. I am glad you liked it!!! Devin"
6
If you decide you want to see this "amateurishness production which includes the Strecker's and their dog" (ha!) you may order one by sending a check or money order to Devin for $6.00. I am requesting that he does nor send a DVD until he has your money and your address with your request.
Send the money with your address to:
Devin Strecker
8011 Romaine St. #308
West Hollywood, CA 90046
6
6

3The front of the cover for the DVD
6The back of the the cover



No comments: