Saturday, March 7, 2009

6
I received an email this past week and I thought it was very good. Especially since I haven't been keeping up with the blog very well lately. I seem to have several projects, and of course income tax, that keeps me preoccupied. I will try to do some research and do better with the blog. In the meantime, here are some memories for you to ponder. This was the email . . . .
A trivia for you - can you guess who wrote this?


Not much been going on in the blog.
Have you not been up to it?
Have you run out of things to post?

I don't have much to offer as the age group is well beyond my time.

Ok, beyond my time.

Millard most likely doesn't remember me standing in what was my grandparent's house, at the bottom of the steps. My mother asked him about sleeping. He was so tall, how does he sleep in the bed? His response was that you hang your feet over the edge of the bed.

The door way to the steps was at the bottom where in what I will call the dinning room. That was just west of the kitchen. The kitchen was just west of the pantry. My youngest son has the table from my
Grandmother's house. The master bedroom was in the east central of the house. There was another bedroom in the southeast part of the house. The family room was in the southwest of the house. The crank telephone was in the hallway about 8 or so feet, on the east wall of the hallway that lead from the front door to the dining room.

Grandma liked Horehound candy. She always had it setting on a shelf that had curtain on the north side of the family room to another room. I never knew what was behind the curtain.

I have stories about the Rogers also. Freda and my mother had some of the greatest roses that anyone could produce. Their back yards were of limestone, terraced and would make a lot of the shows that you see on TV jealous.

Freda was a Notary Public. I can remember my dad sending me to see Freda and get something notarized. It cost quarter; I thought I was big stuff as I could get something done and give them a quarter as I was supposed to do.

The house that was on the hill across from Rod and Freda Rogers, it was Millard's folks as I remember it.
There was a bird cage that hung just to the south of the front room in Millard's folk's house. Just to the south of that were bedrooms.


I have pictures of Red. Red was chicken I got from Melvin Store. Melvin was a mechanic that worked for my dad. Red was in a cage in our backyard. Red succumbed to a fox.

Why I sent this I have no idea.
I'm seeing if my Alzheimer's is still working!!!
Let me know!!!!!

This email is correct. We seem to have one special age group that is sharing on the blog. Do you suppose we can get more people from different age groups to respond?

No comments: