Monday, December 8, 2008

JULIE TICHENOR

A note from Dan Hoisington . . . .

"Joyce Thompson informed me today that Julie Tichenor passed away but not sure if it was yesterday or just when. She was a retired teacher who I think taught in Fairport and Paradise. She was 90 yrs old.

She and her husband used to farm at Fairport and grow several acres of watermelons. I know there were several high school boys and some girls from Paradise who would sneak out and "kipe" some melons at night. If her husband, Bob, would see you he would shoot at you with his shotgun. I know some of the thieves but can't remember for the life of me if I was ever involved. Dan"

Dan always makes me laugh, even when he is serious.

I had Steve and Stu Tichenor as music students when I was teaching at Paradise. Steve was in a quartet with Terry Martin, Gene angel and Steven Bealby. An excellent quartet, as I remember. Then, the next year, Stu was in a quartet with Gene Angel, Albert Clow and Dean Chesney. They were a good quartet also. I know that their Dad's name was Bob. So, does this mean that Julie is their Mother?

Millard just read this. He said he can honestly say that he never went watermelon stealing but he did add . . . . he sure enjoyed eating them when they got back.

No comments: