Friday, May 4, 2012

PARADISE, KS POSTMARK

.
At the bottom of the Paradise Alumni Reunion post I mentioned the Paradise, KS postmark.  We will soon not receive any mail with a postmark from Paradise, KS.  This is a sad reality that we will have to face.  I had mentioned that perhaps a postmark could be on our 2012 Paradise Alumni Directory's, then Janette (Angel) Ross and I had talked about making a post card with pictures of the schools on it.  Janette talked to Postmaster Lucille (Houser) Shearer and Lucille said that a post card would be best since there are rules for using a postmark and probably postmarking a Paradise Alumni Directory is not included in the rules.  I should have thought of that.  Millard's mother and my mother were both Postmasters.  I didn't think things out before blogging my thoughts yesterday.  I had too many things going on at once and I was not doing any of them very well. 

Jim (Sherlock, friend, cousin, the person that tries to keep me on my toes) asked me yesterday after sending a request to him by email saying . . .
"Did you take your medication this morning?"

That was entirely uncalled for.  I had sent two pictures.  The wife of the couple was in one picture with other people and the husband was in another picture with another guy.  I just asked him if he could change the pictures into a picture with just the husband and wife. 
It can be done . . . . . . can't it? 


Anyway, do we have any volunteers for printing post cards that could be used for Postmaster Lucy to postmark and then they could be sold at the reunion?  Would appreciate your input and your expertise on this.
66442 

No comments: