Tuesday, February 8, 2011

UPDATE FOR CHARLES LANDIS

Thank You
for your
Concern and your Prayers
for
Charles
He sent me an email last evening saying that he has received several emails and he appreciates all of the prayers.
.
I just now received an email from Mollie Haberer stating . . .
Charles made it through the surgery.
He is in ICU and on a ventilator.
.
Don and Delmer are with Charles. They call their parents and their parents call Mollie and Eric.
.
I received a very thoughtful email from Arthur Lee yesterday . . . .

Hi Onnalee,
Thanks for the info about Charles Landis. I sent him an E-mail. We have not talked or seen each other since 1956. I went to the eighth grade in Fairport with Charles and our Freshman and half of our sophomore years in Paradise.
I had planned on going to the last Paradise reunion but I had cancer surgery
July 20th and that took over my life. Hopefully I was able to offer some encouragement to Charles. I have completed my chemo therapy and my last PET and CT scan Dec. 27th came back clean. I will have CT scans every three months for a while.
Cancer is a scary uncertain illness but it can be cured or at the least managed. Early detection along with no other issues are very key as to the effectiveness of treatment.
I tried to assure Charles that he will come thru this and live a long normal life. I am a survivor as are thousands and thousands of others. I have diffuse large B cell non hodgkins lymphomia. It can't be cured but it can be managed for a long time. It could come back at some time , if it does I will go thru the treatment again.
I read the Paradise blog and keep in touch with Dan Hoisington via e-mail daily.
Sorry for rambling,
Arthur Lee


Thank You Arthur for contacting Charles. I am sure that was what he needed the day before his surgery. All the notes and thoughts have been wonderful for him.
By the way, I receive the same emails from Dan as you do, Arthur. At least most of mine have your name on them too.
That guy has too much time on his hands.

037542

No comments: