Wednesday, February 2, 2011

CHARLES LANDIS (Class of 1959)

.
Charles sent an email - 1-27-2011 - saying . . . .
"Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers."
.
Charles gave me permission to put his email address and his mailing address here on the blog.
Charles Landis . . .dcl7@swbell.net (You can click on his email address to send him a message.)
PO Box 92
Bethany, OK 73008-0092
.
Charles is single. He has 1 son, 5 granddaughters and 1 grandson.
He has lived in the Oklahoma City area since 1965.
He retired from the Bethany post office in 1996 after carrying mail for almost 31 years.

We received an email from Charles Landis today . . . .

To all my friends and relatives,
I have been diagnosed with colon cancer.
I will probably have surgery first then radiation and chemo. I have the possibility of not surviving the surgery with my COPD. I will have good Dr.'s though.


Charlie


Colon Cancer is Cancer is a malignant tumor that grows from the inner wall of the large intestine.
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is one of the most common lung diseases. It makes it difficult to breathe.

There are two main forms of COPD:
Chronic bronchitis, defined by a long-term cough with mucus
Emphysema, defined by destruction of the lungs over time.

We specifically pray for all those that are reading this page
and in their heart share a prayer for strength for Charles.



These pictures were taken at the 2010 Paradise Reunion.
Eric Haberer, Charles Landis, Millard Harrell

The classes of
1958 & 1959








"Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble of heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light."
Matthew 11: 28-30

Charles, this is for you . . .
"I know by faith that my life is a gift. God created me so that he could love me. He is with me at every moment. Each day is filled with opportunities to grow closer to him.

But life is hard. My faith is weak. I do not always see the signs of God's love in my life. Sometimes I feel lost and alone. Sometimes I withdraw into myself, and close myself to God's love, and fall into sin. Then life seems not a gift, but a burden hard to bear.

Yet God does not forsake me. When the light of faith dawns once more, and I turn back to him, I see that his love never fails. I see that no day is too long or lonely, no burden too heavy, no trial too great, because God is with me."

There is one Presence,
one Power in the universe:
a Creator of
Unconditional Love & Healing.
Amen

036402
036506

No comments: