Tuesday, June 9, 2009

FAIRPORT - HOME OF THE HARD WORKERS

6
I have "kind of" become acquainted with Charlotte Colburn - through comments made on Terry Martin's Comments on Facebook. I am supposing that most of you know her and I am going to find out more about her, but I do know that she is either from Fairport - or - was from Fairport. I do know when her birthday is and that she is married. I'm working on the rest.
The Oswald's had a family reunion in Fairport this summer.
Here are a couple of photos from the reunion.
(Click on each photo to make it larger.)


Pictured on left side of monument from left to right:
Jon Dockendorf Jr., held by mom Betty Dockendorf, Jon Dockendorf photographer way in the back, Harry Colburn Sr, Charlotte Colburn, Leonard Bailey, Jessica Boller, Wayne Stielow, Virginia Oswald Bailey, Dan Kaczar, Larry Keil , Carolyn Oswald Keil, Gloria Stielow, Earlene Oswald and Lyle Oswald on top of monument.
Seated in front of monument, Kath Kaczar, Jane Rogers, Teresa Rogers, Terry Rogers, Monique Quintana, Cory Dreiling, Francis Dreiling. Standing on right side of monument: Lloyd Oswald, Rose Oswald, Carol Boxberger, Cara Van Stefnwyle, Tim Stefnwyle, Gary Oswald, Justin Verhoeff, Madison Verhoeff held by mom Jen Verhoeff.
Not pictured: Don Boxberger, Camille Dreiling, Rita Dreiling, Gary Blundon, Mandi Blundon, Cheyenne Blundon, Clay Blundon, Mable Walker, Carrie Dolven, Jim Dolven, Mike Boller, Curtis Boller, Tyler Boxberger, Mollie Carlson.
6
Special Thank You to Teresa Rogers - Daughter of Ina Oswald - for sending me the names of the people in the photo.







Lyle Oswald, Oregon...
on the Carrie Oswald #1.
Lloyd Edward Oswald
front left, red shirt.







And . . . Charlotte posted a photo of a glass house that she had.
These are her words . . . .
6

"The wall facing is the east side, to the right is north, west has a huge double pane window in it, north has 3 large and 6 small windows, and the south has 2 large and 4 small windows, the east has 2 windows and an old door in the middle. everything is recycled lumber, door, windows, and tin. I can't wait until it gets done. I have a daybed, old cabinet, table and chairs, rocking chair, and some antiques for in it. Harry has done an awesome job. It pays to recycle. No electricity, just candles or lamps."




Do you suppose a glass house is to a woman like a dog house is to a man?
It certainly sounds like a neat place.

Now . . . . I'm off to find out more about Charlotte.

So far, I have found out that Charlotte went to Natoma High School, she grew up on a farm south of Fairport and her maiden name is Oswald. Probably everyone knew that except me. I had a fear that she had been one of my students and I couldn't recall her name. Whew! That is a relief!

No comments: