Thursday, December 23, 2021

294588


                                           Posted on facebook by Tim Maupin         



Please continue to pray for all of our loved ones as they go through the stress and trauma in this time of their lives.  Onnalee


Posted by Tim Maupin 

“There is no better place to heal a broken heart than on the back of a horse.” - Missy Lyons
The relief effort continues at Bar S Ranch today in Paradise, Kansas. Cowboys and cowgirls are continuing to gather the cattle that survived the fires last Wednesday night. Most of the herd will be moved to multiple locations willing to care for the cattle until the fire-ravaged pastures of Russell County can be renewed. The Bar S cattle will be sorted into breed groups of Angus, Red Angus, and Charolais.
The outpouring of help by our ranching and farming community is unreal. Thank you so much to the hard-working and generous people who are helping all of those who have been hit hard by this unfortunate disaster.
This photo is on location at Bar S Ranch, just outside of Russell, Kansas. The ruins of a home built in 1919 is in the background."

May be an image of road


Also posted by Tim from Todd Haas
"So today I took the time to get started delivering hay to what once was a cattle mans paradise. Paradise as a town that is, when I turned off 281 highway north of Russell and headed west the devastation was unreal. The video I shared earlier summed it up. As I was driving west and north I came across a big group of farmers working together in what I thought was pushing burning bales apart but I was wrong they were dumping dead burned cattle into there final resting place. At this point I had tears streaming down my face I could not believe what I was seeing. The losses were more than most people could even endure, farmers are tough and resilient but this will be difficult to recover from. I decided not to post any pictures because of the shear losses to these families. If there is any way that you can help with time, talent or treasure I encourage you to find it in your heart to do so. Reach out to your local county extension agent’s they can direct your donations in the right direction. If you are unable to help please offer up your prayers. I would like to send a thank you out to Derrick Schlegel and family from Alexander Ks for the first two loads of hay today. If I didn’t get to your call I will get to them soon, my post has been shared over 750 times so I am getting calls from everywhere. I had a gentleman call today that is willing to donate 1000 bales of hay but needs transportation. I am going to do as much as I possibly can to continue trucking hay to those in need. Thank you for everyone trying to help!!"

No comments: