Thursday, July 24, 2014

RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS

.
126768     -     126853      -       127346
7-24-14           7-25-14              7-29-14



Yesterday when we received our mail, 
I was Blessed with Random Acts of Kindness 
by the 
Paradise Alumni Association - 
Eric Haberer, Deb Maupin & Dan Hoisington.

When I sent in my money for our dues, I sent extra money for
the  2016 Paradise Directory 
and for postage to send it to me.
As you probably can tell, I use the directory a LOT!
I couldn't do the blog without the directory 
and without Jim Harrell & Karen Jakub.
(Don't tell Jim & Karen I added this.  They wish to remain anonymous.)
Also for those of you that send me tidbits, I couldn't do it without you either.
Thank You to each of you!


Deb sent this note attached to the Paradise Directory.
I don't look through the directory for mistakes,
but I do know from the many obituaries that we put on,
there are several changes every 2 years.
(The even years.)
.
Also
.
Dan sent a card.
It is amazing that I received them both the same day.
On the front of the card was a beautiful picture of our Historical Water Tower.
Absolutely perfect - and with green grass and trees.

The photographer's name
Cheryl Calvin
was stamped on the back.
Sorry, it didn't scan very well.


Dan a wrote a note, that made me cry.
How "Sweet!"
I haven't been described as "Glue" but it sounds rather nice.
On my other communication from Dan, he signs his name as "Star."
Short for Star Student.  He decided on the name. lol! 


Included in the card was a gift certificate for Amazon.
$100.00! 
I certainly haven't done that much to deserve that much, but I already have my list.
I have had a wish list for quite some time and I
 have an addiction to Amazon. 
I have been wanting Charles Krauthammer's book
"Things That Matter:  Three Decades of Passions, Pastimes and Politics"
since it came out.
Guess what!  I can get it now.
I already had it in my cart - but have been waiting until it was feasible.
I also have Bill O'Reilly's "Killing Lincoln" book.
I have been wanting to add to the collection and order
Bill O'Reilly's
"Killing Kennedy" & "Killing Jesus"
Do you know what?
I'm doing it now.
I like to add the children's books that go with them, so will do that too.
Ah!  What fun!  I am so delighted 
and
Thank You 
from the very bottom of my heart!

 Again, I have been so BLESSED!
.
You will never know how much it means to me to see the number of views
from 
each of you
The count is at the top of each post I make.

Thank You Eric, Deb & Dan
and
Karen & Jim
and
Thank You to everyone for reading the blog.



Because of each of YOU



No comments: