Sunday, January 2, 2011

PRAYERS FOR IVA (LAUGHLIN) AND JIM BYRD



Iva had surgery sometime ago.
I understand that it was possibly the first part of Dec.

She said . . .
"My hernia repair surgery went well. While Surgeon was telling Jim I would be ready to go home soon, they tell me I flatlined, not once, but twice. I ended up 3 days in the ICU and 2 days on the wing. I was released to come home on a Sunday night.
(I am guessing that she might have meant Dec. 19th)
I am so glad my faith is so strong and so real that I knew my Jesus was right there with me through it all. When I am able, they have a number of tests to run on me. This has been VERY HARD on Jim. We are getting some assistance thru home health care which is helpful."

Then on Dec. 26th, Iva wrote on facebook . . . .
.
"Sorry, not able to spend much time @ computer.
Surgery recovery going very well, some unrelated "hic-ups" have occured which is putting me into extra pain and difficulty.
So, I need all prayers I can get.

Hope your holiday was great. We got a good 12 inches snow.
Sure was pretty coming down. As long as I don't HAVE to get
out, it was wonderful. Expecting more snow tonight.

Must close. Enjoy all messages and thoughts.
Thank you and Merry Christmas to each of you and to all my Paradise schoolmates and Friends. Love, Iva"

Iva and Jim,
We just want to let you know that we are still thinking about you and praying for you.
We wish you comfort and peace during this difficult time.

"Bear one another's burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ."
Galatians 6:2 (New King James Version)
034949

No comments: