Wednesday, October 13, 2010

THE STRECKER BROTHERS BAND



"GROWN MEN CRIES"
Devin Strecker, Brandon Strecker, Robin Hall, Benjamin Griffiths
I watched this video on Devin's profile on facebook earlier this week. When I watched it I was so tense about all the mess the paint was making. Then I decided that surely it wasn't real paint and perhaps they did all of that by production effects, so it was a little more enjoyable the second time. You must watch it to the end, as the ending is the neatest of all.
I emailed Devin and asked him about the paint and the mess. This was his explanation . . . . .

"It was real paint that they dumped on us, mixed with very cold water.
They did add some effects in post-production to make it appear that more paint was "raining" and splattering on the wall behind us, but the paint that is falling on us is all real. It was a very messy, yucky, cold day for us in the band."

Personally, I can't imagine cleaning up all of that mess, but what they won't go through for a video! The band has been very successful and they have good ratings. Devin has other bands too that I have been giving him a hard time about. However, this one is "tame" enough for the Paradise Blog. :)

No comments: