Monday, October 11, 2010

PAT HOOPES PRESTON'S PROGRESS



I received another email from Pat Preston this morning.
She has given me permission to share it with you.



Onnalee -- Just a short note to tell you I am home and doing better but not walking too good. I have had therapy but need more. My right leg is numb and since I have no feeling in it, I still have to walk with a walker. Slowly I am doing better.
I lost all my feeling on my right side but have some of it back down to the knee so will take some more therapy with a Neurologist therapist.
Hang in there and I will give you all the details about what happened and if you want to put this on the blog, I don't mind.
I have been having seizures for quite some time but didn't know what they were. It was like having a bad leg ache while running into a electric fence. As long as I was sitting up they didn't bother me. duh!
Anyway, after a 45 min one we checked into a hospital and they ran a cat scan and a MRI and saw the tumor on my left side of brain so I said lets go for it. It was not cancer and it is gone but I have some numbness in my right side. I am competitive to get better and I am getting there. I just need time.
Thanks for the prayers and thoughts. Pat Hoopes Preston

I appreciate her husband, Weldon, for keeping us posted about Pat.

No comments: