Friday, September 12, 2008

YOUNG PEOPLE ARE FANTASTIC

6
Wow! Isn't it amazing to hear from our young people saying how great Paradise is? First, we had Devin, then Brad and, now Michele has sent this to her friends and acquaintances. Hearing from each of these just give me the warm fuzzies. What a day to have "Warm Fuzzies" in Emporia, Ks USA. It has been raining steadily for 24 hours. I love it - but my bones have problems with all of this moisture. This has certainly helped to keep my mind off of pain. Ha! I still feel it.

Following is from Michele . . . . . .

If you are interested in visiting the Paradise, Kansas Blog... Click on this link:
http://paradiseeducated.blogspot.com/

Paradise is my home town, it's small, VERY SMALL... last I heard the Population of Paradise was 60 some! That may seem horrible to some... but it was a GREAT place to grow up! We had a Party Line until I was in High School (early 80's); everybody knows everybodyʼs
Business; everyone went to church on Sunday Morning; and if you were doing something you weren't supposed to... Your Mom knew 'bout it long before you got home!

Honestly, if the School provided the same opportunities that we have here, and I could manage to make a living... we would move home in a heartbeat! Life was so much simpler out there!

Michele A. Peterka

5
Do you know Michele?
Michele and her daughter - Haley Jo - lives in Belton, Mo.
Michele works for Hallmark Cards Inc. and has worked there for 11 years.
Haley Jo (13) is in the 8th Grade at Yeokum Middle School in Belton.
Michele's son, Trenton (19) is in the Army, and currently in IRAQ.

No comments: