Saturday, November 12, 2016

A MESSAGE FROM DOUG SIEMENS, SON OF WALTER SIEMENS - PRINCIPAL OF CLASSES OF 1962-1963

186973

Comments are on the left hand side, towards the bottom, of these posts.  I'm not sure that each of you notice the comments.
I'm sure several of you will enjoy reading this comment and it will bring back memories for you.
Thank You Doug for taking out the time to write a Comment and give those students that had your Dad for a Principal the memories.  He left the year that I started teaching in Paradise.  


My name is Doug Siemens, my father was Walter Siemens, principal at Paradise for the classes of 1962 and 1963. While I was too young to attend Paradise then, my brothers Don and Dan along with my sisters Walta, Rosanne and Lyn did. I think Don was a freshman our last year in town.

Dad passed away in 1985. Earlier this year, we cleaned out Mom's house and came across the Pirate yearbooks from those two years. I started searching and stumbled across this blogsite.

One memory I have about town was living in the bus barn for a few days while we waited for our house to be completed. We ended up living just up the hill from Mr. and Mrs. White, an old couple whose son and family lived in an "underground" house.

If any Paradise Educated readers are interested in contacting me regarding my family members, my email is dmsiemens80@gmail.com

No comments: