Thursday, March 27, 2014

REQUEST FOR OLD PHOTOS FOR A BOOK ABOUT PARADISE

117193
I received this today from Carolyn Shultz.  I would like to say right now that she has our permission to use any picture or story on this "Paradise Blog" for information that she would like to use.  It sounds very exciting to me.  Thank You Carolyn.
Her email . . . . .


"Onnalee and Millard:

First let me introduce myself - I am the former Carolyn Finkenbinder, born and raised in Waldo and a 1960 graduate. Now on to the important stuff!!!

After spending 25 years with the Lucas newspaper I retired about 10 years ago and began a project of preserving the history of the area. My daughter and I have completed a number of books in that field. We do everything from research to printing so we are not real well-known. Recently (well actually about two years ago) we were asked if we could put together a book on Paradise. We have completed books for Waldo, Lucas and Luray as well as several "gone but not forgotten" communities in southern Osborne county. The books consist of photos of the senior placards, list of all alumni member, old photos of the towns, interesting old newspaper stories, church history, map of the cemetery and listing of all burials. We actually walk the cemetery and record information from the stones. We are not limited to this set of items but find the school, church and cemetery are the most important places to most residents.

I have started gathering this information with the hopes of having the book completed by the annual church bazaar. My reason for contacting you is to ask if you have any old photos you would be willing to share. I have enjoyed your website for some time and Dan Hoisington suggested I contact you to check on photos and information.

Hoping to hear from you soon. Thank you and God Bless.

Carolyn Schultz
2957 S. 50th Ave., Lucas, KS 67648
785-525-6427

boxs@wtciweb.com

No comments: