Saturday, November 2, 2013

COMMENTS ABOUT THE POST BELOW

104095
A comment from Vada (Dwinelle) Krumwide
From Vada . . . .
 
I had not looked at the Paradise Blog for some time, but took the time today to do so.  I read the comments about my brother and Randall Houser and Ronnie Thompson.  I think about Marvin and all those who have passed away from time to time.  A tragedy like this never goes away from one's memory bank.  Memories like this will always be with us.  When we were all home yet, I don't know what Marvin had been doing but his face was blackened with soot or dirt.  He asked me to wipe off his face.  When I thought I was done, he opened his eyes and he looked like a raccoon.  He finished the job.   Marvin also built the folks a garage that was used for quite some time.  It took the place of the garage attached to the barn.  He spent four years in the Air Force, stationed at the base at Bangor, Maine.


 I might add that any song should not be taken the wrong way.  "How Great Thou Art" was sung for the memory of one's loved one and may have been chosen because the deceased liked it as one of their favorites.  There are many great hymns that are special.  One is saddened that a loved one has died and should remember them when the song is sung.   I hope this helps.


 I am the only living child of my parents, Ray and Edith Dwinelle.  Marvin was killed in a car accident; Betty died from cancer and my younger sister, Sharon, is also deceased. 


 Vada (Dwinelle) Krumwiede
Class of 1958


A comment from Bruce Deschner.  Thank You Bruce.
From Bruce . . .

I was to young to know those that were involved - was just an 8 yr old 4th grader, a month short of a 9 yr old at the time.
I do remember hearing about the accident, but could never place where it happened.
From what I remember, they missed a curve & a tree limb took the top of the car off.
Of course everyone my age knows where they were when hearing about Kennedy 50 yrs ago ;).
Appreciate your blog.
bkd

A comment from Duane Cronn.  Thank You Duane.
From Duane . . .


Mark Harrell is an all time favorite person of mine.  He called me little George and he loved to tease me.  When I was in high school I would sleep in, and would be late for school.  One day Mother was working part time at the Post Office, and told Mark about my habits, and he wanted to know where my bedroom was.  Mom told him and Mark came outside my bedroom, pounded on the window and yelled real loud that the house was on fire.  It got me up.  I was always trying to get something on him but never was sharp enough.  He went with a school teacher (I believe they called her Freddie) for several years and I think she taught school at Fairport.  Mark had got a newer car and I saw Mark and his lady friend in Russell, and I asked him where he got his old wreck from.  He said oh she teaches school at Fairport.  I didn’t have anything else to say, and she told Mark you really embarrassed that boy.  He just laughed.  We miss him.    Duane


102231
Thank You Don Landis for taking out time to share these thoughts.
From Don . . . .

I had forgotten when Mark Harrell had passed away until I read your blog about the accident that died Ronnie, Randall and Marvin.
I was privileged to ride the bus that Mark drove from Fairport to Paradise for 3 years until Mr. Bridgeman took over during my senior year. Mark was a very good and careful driver. Not once during that time did the muddy, snowy or icy roads make us late to school, sometimes we were hopeful that he would need assistance.
Mark enjoyed having kids come up front and visit with him during the trips; he only had one rule and that was that you could not be chewing Juicy Fruit gum. If you wanted to stay up front of the bus you had to get rid of the gum, other types of gum did not bother him.

Thanks for the memories;
Don Landis, Class of ‘63  

No comments: