Monday, October 1, 2012

A BEAUTIFUL EMBROIDERED PICTURE BY LYDIA HOUSER

.


As we were cleaning out our garage, we found this lovely hand made picture that says . . .

To Hazel     From Lydia & Floyd

Millard is thinking that it is probably from Lydia & Floyd Houser. Millard & I would like to send this to one of their relatives as it certainly is beautiful and a work of art to treasure.

I put this on facebook and asked about relatives of Lydia & Floyd.
  
Janette (Angel) Ross had a very informative comment.
" I just called mom and she said that Floyd and Lydia and Dick and Hazel were great friends in Paradise. Lydia was my great aunt (Grandma White's sister, their brother was Vernon Bartlett). I think that Floyd and Lucy's dad, Lawrence Houser were cousins. Lydia has 2 dtrs, Karen Houser Creighton in Houston, TX and Barbara Houser Hilligest in Sela, WA. Karen is about 5 years older than Lucy & I, she was my 2nd cousin and Lucy's 2nd cousin too, (I think), but Lucy & I were never related. Frosty White may know how to get in touch with Karen. I bet she would like to have that embroidery design. Do you have Frosty's email, I think he has Karen Houser's email and writes her sometimes. Maybe you could email the photo above to him and he could send it to her? It's really nice for sure!"

From Norma Hutchcraft Williams. 
"Lucy Shearer was a Houser, not sure if she's related. Lydia was a favorite of my mom's".

From Pat Hoopes Preston
There children were named Billie,Barbra Karen don't know where they are now but Billie went school with oldest brother. Lydia &Floyd were in our mother father wedding. They were best friends they were kin to the Barletts (vern)

From Forrest White
"Onnalee,
Lydia & Floyd Houser were my Aunt and Uncle. Their daughter, Karen Creighton, is the only member of that branch of the family with whom I am still in contact. I have addressed a copy of this reply to her.
Karen,
Onnalee Harrell is the official keeper of the Paradise Web site/blog. 
Both
 Hi!
Frosty" 

I sent an email to Karen.  I haven't heard back but guess she is as busy as the rest of us.
I wanted to share the beautiful picture with each of you.


79261

No comments: