Friday, March 19, 2010

PAT (Patty Hoopes) & WELDON PRESTON CELEBRATE 50 YEARS!

Congratulations
Pat and Weldon



Mr. and Mrs. Weldon Preston of Wolfforth celebrated their 50th anniversary Thursday March 4th .
They are the parents of Rev. James Preston, Chicago Ill. , Lee and Shea Preston of San Antonio, Branda and Jake Pavlas of Eddy Texas.
Preston and Pat Hoopes married March the 4th 1960 at Overton Methodist Church Lubbock.
They have four grandchildren and 2 step grandchildren and 1 Step Great grand child.
They will celebrate this summer in Ruidoso, New Mexico with family members


Pat wrote . . . .

"I met Weldon while I was working as a beautician in Lubbock. I came down here to go to school and my big brother Delephan put me through school. He was stationed at Reese Airforce base. After I graduated from Paradise in May he came and got me and I went to school. I always loved working with hair. Worked several years and then had my kids. After they got old enough to go to school, I went to work for the Frenship schools in Wolfforth and worked there for about 25 yrs. Worked in a computer room running 120 computers. I substituted for the computer teacher and found that I loved the fascination of working the computers. Weldon was farming and working part time with sales in a tractor Implement company in Lubbock. In the summer my kids and I hoed and sprayed for weeds. We have had a good life! Now that my kids have all grown up and had kids we are now enjoying our grand kids and retirement is great. We work in the yard and raise tomatoes and give them away. Weldon has always loved working with the garden. Pat"

No comments: